The Supreme Council
Chin National Front
Letter of Condemnation and Disapproval
Ref. : Our Letter dated February 17, 2012, Your Statement dated February 23, 2012
With sincere aspiration to the restoration of peace and tranquility in Zogam known as Chin State, on behalf of forty four overseas Zomi community organizations from fourteen countries, we the Executive Council of Zomi Communities Organization known as Leitungbup Zomi Innkuan Kipawlna (LZI) charge the Supreme Council of Chin National Front (CNF) on the following regrettable matters with the reference being made above.
1. We honored and welcome with great expectation on the press released and an official intimation to us by the Supreme Council of CNF in response to our sincere call to repeal the plan to set up Chin National Army (CNA) bases and CNF liaison office in Tedim, Tonzang and Cikha Townships, saying that the Supreme Council of CNF would respect the demand and concern of the local citizen and the people of Zomi around the world.
2. Consequently, the Supreme Council was expected honestly to recognize the disapproval of the plan to set up CNF/CNA military bases and liaison office by the local citizen and the Zomi people throughout the world by means of signature campaign and peaceful demonstration, in accordance with the promises made by the Supreme Council of CNF in the said press release.
3. Having been noticed with most disappointedly that the CNF liaison office was opened in Tedim town with the cooperation of a handful of CNF mercenary cronies, we duly charge and condemn the Supreme Council failure to honor and respect the demand of the local citizen and the concern of the people of Zomi throughout the world.
4. It is totally unacceptable and most outrageous that the Supreme Council overlooked our demand and disrespected our desire to enjoy genuine democratic freedom not only from military rule, but also freedom from the presence of militia group like CNA in Zogam. It is very well foreseen that the presence of CNF/CAN and their militia group will not promote peace in the region, but rather provoke community crash, conflict and hostility among the different tribes in Zogam (Chin State).
5. We therefore strongly condemn and disapprove the Supreme Council for the implementation of the so called peace plan of setting up militia bases and their liaison office which would provoke and create instability in the region.
6. We deemed that the Supreme Council of CNF would be held accountable for any consequences such as instability, hostility and tribal conflict that would be directly or indirectly provoked and created by the presence of CNF/CNA and their militia group in Zogam (Chin State).
7. In respect to human rights and democratic freedom, we urge the Supreme Council of CNF in earnest to withdraw the installation of military bases in Tedim Township unconditionally to avert provoking and creating misunderstanding and conflict among the different tribes in Zogam (Chin State).
Zomi Communities Organization
(Go Sawm Khup, Pu)
(Kap Suan Lian, Pu)
· Chief Minister, Government of Chin State
· Members of Parliament, Chin State
· Chin State Union Solidarity and Development Party
· Chin National Party
· Chin Progressive Party
· Zomi Congress for Democracy
· Global Zomi Alliance
· Tedim Youth Fellowship
· Zomi Siamsin Kipawlna (Zomi Student Union)
· Zomi Innkuan & Zomi Community organization